Should you wish to have counselling sessions in person, then I am happy to say that I will be offering sessions from May 4th 2021. My counselling room has been closed since Christmas for safety reasons, but as we open up and non-essential services welcome back visitors, it seems appropriate to return to face to face working.
If you want to know what safety measures I am taking then read on- and if you are looking to start therapy now that in person work is an option, then ping me an email.
As ever, please take care and enjoy the restrictions lifting.
WORKING IN PERSON: SAFETY INFO ABOUT COVID 19
This relates to how we will keep each other safe from Covid-19, so please read this carefully.
- If you any symptoms, are unwell, have been asked to isolate, suspect that you have the virus, or have travelled back from a high-risk country then please do not attend counselling in person.
- I will do the same if I have any symptoms, or suspect I have the virus for any reason or should I need to isolate. I will notify you immediately and can, health permitting, then offer counselling online.
- When you arrive, you will need to sanitise your hands at the gate (hand gel provided) and wear a mask until we are seated.
- You will then need to sign in using the QR code from the NHS COVID-19 APP. You will need to do this each week, at the start of every session.
- Once seated, we will be 2.5 meters apart and you won’t need to wear a mask or visor unless you want to.
- During sessions the room will be as ventilated as possible whilst maintaining privacy: you may want to bring additional layers in case the room is therefore chilly. You will also need to bring your own drink, should you want one. Tissues and hand gel will be provided.
- In between clients, the room will be aired for a minimum of 40 minutes (usually longer) and all surfaces wiped with antibacterial spray / cloths.
- I will take 2 lateral flow test each week, only offer in person sessions if I have test negative, and let you know immediately should I test positive. I would strongly recommend that you consider doing the same: you can collect your own lateral flow tests for free from any pharmacy, or order them online here.
- If there is another lock down or the risk of contracting the virus increases, then in person counselling sessions will cease, and will be offered online instead.
- You must only attend counselling in person if you are satisfied with the safety measures put in place at the counselling room: by coming you are agreeing that you are satisfied with what has been put in place and are willing to follow any guidance and safety measures given.
- Payment for sessions will need to be made online on the day of your session, and the cancellation policy is 24 hours (as my normal policy).
- If either of us develop symptoms we will not hold the other party responsible.
Thank you for your co-operation. Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions you might have in respect to the above.